Have you found yourself wishing your teeth were whiter and brighter? Zoom teeth whitening is the perfect solution for this common problem. Our guide will discuss everything you need to know about Zoom teeth whitening, including how it works, what its benefits are, and what you can expect during the procedure.
How Is Zoom Teeth Whitening Done?
Zoom teeth whitening is a quick and painless in-office procedure that can be completed in just one appointment. Here are the steps that are usually involved.
- Step 1: Consultation. Before your procedure begins, your dentist will tell you about what Zoom whitening entails and give you a chance to ask questions. Use this opportunity to set your mind at ease by getting answers right from your dentist before the treatment begins.
- Step 2: Preparation. Your dentist will then apply a special resistant substance to your teeth and gums to protect them from the bleaching effects of the whitening solution. You will also be given tinted glasses to protect your eyes from the whitening lamp’s light.
- Step 3: Bleaching Gel Application. Once you have all the necessary protective gear on, your dentist will begin the procedure. They will apply the whitening gel to your teeth in a smooth, even coating to ensure that your whole smile is bleached to a consistent shade of white.
- Step 4: Activation of the Bleaching Gel. Your dentist will then turn on the special activation light and shine it on your teeth. This light activates the compounds in the bleach and catalyzes the whitening process. The light will be on for at least 15 minutes, followed by a short break.
- Step 5: Rinse and Repeat. Once you have finished one round of treatment, you will be asked to swish some water around in your mouth to clean off the last of the whitening gel. You will then repeat the process with at least one more 15-minute round of whitening treatment.
- Step 6: Finishing Up. After you rinse off the last of the whitening gel, your dentist may administer a fluoride rinse to strengthen your teeth and minimize your chance of developing tooth sensitivity. Once this is done, your treatment will be over, and you can leave the office.
- Step 7: Aftercare. After your whitening treatment, avoid dark-coloured food and drink as well as coloured dental hygiene products for at least 48 hours. Quit smoking if you can, keep up your dental hygiene routine, and use over-the-counter whitening tray treatments as necessary to maintain your new white teeth. If your dentist gives you any whitening trays to use at home, use them as directed to achieve the desired results.
What Does Zoom Teeth Whitening Cost?
In most cases, in-office Zoom teeth whitening costs several hundred dollars. The exact cost of the procedure depends on where your dentist’s office is located, their skill level, and your desired shade of whiteness.
Since Zoom teeth whitening is considered a cosmetic treatment, most forms of dental insurance do not cover it. HSA funds cannot be used to pay for teeth whitening either. However, it never hurts to check with your insurer and see if you can defray some of the cost of your treatment. Some dental insurance plans do cover cosmetic treatments, and yours may be one of them.
Are There Any Risks Associated with Zoom Teeth Whitening?
In general, Zoom teeth whitening is a very safe cosmetic dental procedure. While it does use a much stronger bleaching solution than similar over-the-counter remedies do, it is administered by a professional with extra protections in place to keep you safe.
The only unpleasant side effect you may experience after in-office teeth whitening is some slight sensitivity in your teeth and gums. This is nothing to worry about and will usually go away in a few days. In the meantime, you can take over-the-counter pain relievers to help with your discomfort if needed. Your dentist may offer you an in-office fluoride treatment to reduce your chances of developing this problem.
What are the Benefits of Zoom Teeth Whitening?
There are many benefits to choosing Zoom whitening. Some of the most noteworthy reasons to choose this cosmetic treatment include:
- Convenience. Zoom whitening can be completed in just one short office visit – much less than many other popular cosmetic dental treatments like crowns and bridges.
- Simple Procedure. Zoom whitening is extremely simple and often produces excellent results in a single session.
- Customizable. You can decide how white you want your teeth to be. Your dentist will calibrate your Zoom whitening treatment to achieve your desired results.
- Safe & Effective. Zoom whitening treatments are non-invasive and very low risk, allowing you to improve your smile aesthetics while safeguarding your oral health.
- Ideal for People with Sensitivity. Zoom whitening is specially formulated and expertly administered to lower the incidence of tooth sensitivity following the treatment. If you already struggle with sensitive teeth and gums, this treatment is less likely to aggravate your condition.
- Long Lasting Results. Zoom whitening procedures produce results that last for many months and sometimes years with proper care. If some yellowing starts to appear, a quick over-the-counter treatment is often enough to fix the problem.
- Boosts Self Confidence. Whitening your teeth with Zoom whitening will eliminate the stubborn stains that make you self-conscious about your smile.
- Improves Oral Health. Pain-free teeth accumulate less plaque, leading to better oral health.
- Can Be Combined with Other Treatments. Teeth whitening pairs well with additional treatments like dental crowns, dental bonding, and dental veneers.
- Affordable. Zoom whitening is one of the most affordable cosmetic dental treatments available, especially considering its impact. Its long-lasting results improve its value even further.
Get Professional Teeth Whitening at Trillium Smile Dentistry
Getting Zoom teeth whitening in Toronto is an excellent investment. By getting rid of those stubborn stains that are always on your mind, you will reduce your worries and set yourself up for a more relaxed and confident life.
Trillium Smile Dentistry offers professional-grade Zoom whitening treatments at our Mississauga office. Our patients love their new, whiter smiles, and we know you will, too. Contact us today to book your appointment and get those glittering white teeth you have always wanted.