Dental Implants Mississauga
From cosmetic concerns to issues with vital functions like speaking and eating, losing a tooth can significantly impact your quality of life. The good news is that dental technology has advanced, and your dentist can offer you a tooth implant in place of your natural tooth.
These advanced prosthetics are considered the best treatment for missing teeth, providing better aesthetics, function, and sometimes even cost-effectiveness than crowns and bridges. They are also the only treatment that prevents bone loss beneath the missing tooth and stops the adjacent teeth from tilting into the empty space.
What is A Dental Implant
Dental Implants are a great solution to replace the missing teeth. A superficial titanium root will be surgically placed in the bone. The Implant acts as a root to hold the future crown. After it integrates with the bone, a crown will be placed on top of it. Dental Implants can also be used to give stability and retention to the dentures and make a huge difference in patient’s esthetic and function.
Why Tooth Loss Matters
Losing one tooth might not seem like a big deal for someone who has not experienced this trauma first-hand. Those who have, however, see things very differently.
People with missing teeth are often afraid to smile or laugh, anxious about the possibility of someone noticing the gap. Even if the missing tooth does not show, its absence may alter the shape of the person’s face and cause them to feel self-conscious as a result.
There are also functional concerns related to missing teeth. Once a tooth is gone, the bone under it begins to degrade, and the teeth on either side of the space may shift. Your bite might change, and you might experience premature wear on your remaining teeth due to the increased pressure put on them during chewing. You may even have difficulty eating and speaking normally. All of these problems make it important to replace any lost teeth when you can.
What Can a Dental Implant Do?
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth
- Restore patient’s esthetics
- Provide stability and support to partial or complete dentures
- Restore patient’s function
What to Expect During Your Dental Implant Procedure
At Trillium Smile Dentistry we provide complimentary consultations to patients seeking Dental Implants. After Dr. Tousi explains the procedure and understands your expectations, a complete examination will be scheduled to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy enough for such a procedure. Records including Impressions of your teeth, photos and X-Rays will be taken at this session. You also will be taking X-ray of jaw bone to make sure we choose the best Implant Size and dimensions. Dr. Tousi will work on a treatment plan that best suits your condition and discusses that with you.
On the surgery day, dental implant will be surgically inserted into jaw bone. Gums will be stitched back to cover the Implant to let it bond to the bone and gums. This might take 3-6 months. After the Implant is bonded to your bone, Dr. Tousi will perform a small surgery to uncover the implant and make it ready for the final impression. Then a crown will be custom made for the area and you enjoy the feeling of a tooth with root in your bone.
Why Choose Trillium Smile Dentistry?
Trillium Smile Dentistry is the right choice for your tooth implant needs. Why?
- We Have Decades of Dental Experience. Our team has spent years serving patients in the dental industry and placed countless dental implants over that time. As a result, we know exactly what is needed to minimize the chance of failure and obtain optimal results.
- We Use a Team Approach. The more dental professionals you have working on your case, the better the outcome will be. Our staff specializes in a range of different techniques and treatments to give you the best care before, during, and after the dental implant procedure.
- We Perform Fully In-House Treatments. Tooth implant procedures are complex and involve multiple steps, including x-rays, evaluations, placement surgeries, and follow-up care. We perform all these procedures in-house at our convenient Mississauga location and with our friendly staff.
- We Put Our Patients First. We are committed to providing the best treatment with the least risk for our patients. We take care to keep you comfortable and healthy during each step of the process and have invested in the latest digital x-ray machines to minimize your radiation exposure.
- We Care for the Environment. We believe in doing our part toward a healthier planet, so we maintain a mercury-free clinic and paperless office.
- We Accept Many Payment Options. We offer direct insurance billing and accept cash, cheque, debit, and credit for any remaining balance for our patients’ convenience. We also understand that tooth implant costs can be a considerable expense for some of our patients, so do not be discouraged if you cannot pay for your treatment in full right away. Our team would be happy to work with you to create a payment plan that meets your needs prior to your appointment.
Schedule Your Tooth Implant Appointment Today
Whether you’ve been missing a tooth for many years or just had one extracted yesterday, Trillium Smile Dentistry is always ready to help you explore your tooth implant options. Our long list of happy patients speaks to our skill and professionalism, and we would be thrilled to serve you as well. Call us at 647-371-1894 or fill out our online form to request a dental implant consultation appointment today.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small titanium posts that are surgically inserted into the jawbone of a patient who is missing one or more teeth. These posts serve as an artificial tooth root, allowing the tooth replacement (such as a crown or a bridge) to be fully secured to your jawbone.
Why Should You Get A Dental Implant?
A dental implant is the highest standard of care for missing teeth. They will last longer, look more natural, and provide greater functionality than other restorative options.
Because the post is anchored directly to the jawbone, implants are able to stimulate the bone beneath them and keep it from degrading further. Filling the space left by your missing tooth with an implant helps keep the teeth around it from drifting into the gap, preventing future alignment issues.
What Does A Dental Implant Procedure Involve?
Placing a dental implant is done in several stages that take place over time. First, a titanium screw is securely inserted into the jawbone. Next, an abutment is attached to that screw to connect it to the material that will replace the actual tooth. Finally, the tooth is replaced using a crown, a denture, or a bridge. The result will replicate a natural tooth’s look and function almost perfectly, especially if done by a skilled oral surgeon.
Who Is A Good Candidate for Dental Implants in Mississauga?
If you would like to get dental implants in Mississauga, you need to have enough healthy bone in your jaw to provide a strong anchor for the screws being placed. You must also have a healthy immune system to help prevent infection during the healing process. If you have suffered enough bone loss to negatively impact your chances of a successful implant procedure, a bone graft may be an option to strengthen the area.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants are the best option available for replacing a missing tooth. The best dental implants look almost exactly like a real tooth, fitting seamlessly into an attractive smile.
Implants also provide a more permanent tooth replacement solution than many other restorations and can last for many years if taken care of. They allow you to chew with more force than is possible with dentures or a bridge, so you can continue to enjoy your favourite foods without worry.
How Much Do Dental Implants in Mississauga Cost?
The cost of dental implants in Mississauga varies depending on many factors, including the type of implant you are receiving, the material used for the tooth replacement, where the implant is being placed in your mouth, and what insurance coverage you have.
If you are interested in dental implants, our team at Trillium Smile Dentistry would be happy to discuss your options with you, including a payment plan for implants if needed.