Invisalign in Mississauga
If your teeth are uneven, crooked, or don’t fit together correctly, you may have considered finding a way to improve their appearance. Previously, the only option was to use standard metal braces, which many people would prefer not to have. Invisalign was developed as a way to still achieve a straight, beautiful smile without the need for wires and brackets.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a modern technology that dentists can use to align your teeth without having bulky metals and wires attached to them. This innovation has enabled many adults and teenagers dreaming of straight teeth to achieve confident new smiles without interfering with their daily lives.
Discreet, Comfortable, & Convenient Clear Invisalign Aligners
Invisalign treatment uses removable clear aligners to help straighten your teeth. They got their name because they are virtually when properly worn. The patient is given a box of custom aligners at the start of their treatment and instructed on how to wear each set, following the included treatment plan. This process only requires occasional checkups and no adjustments, making it far easier to fit into your everyday life.
Invisalign for Adults
Straightening your teeth can improve both your oral health and self-esteem at any age. However, conventional orthodontic treatment with metal braces can be a hassle as an adult.
Invisalign is a convenient form of treatment that is much better suited to the hectic schedules of adult life, allowing you to straighten your teeth with minimal disruptions to your lifestyle.
Invisalign for Teens
At a time when bodies are changing and how we feel about ourselves means everything, the option for an invisible alternative to braces is wonderful. Our Invisalign program for teenagers uses the same discreet orthodontic aligners that our adult treatments do. In addition, we also include a few teen-specific features to help make treatment easier.
Sometimes an aligner can get lost or damaged. We understand and offer replacements so that your treatment is not delayed or negatively impacted. If you require a new aligner, please speak to one of the staff members at our office, and we can help get you a replacement.
How Does Invisalign work?
After Dr. Tousi creates an individualized treatment plan for you, a series of clear trays are made to straighten your teeth gradually. These trays are clear, removable, and easy to get used to. You will wear them in the order indicated, as each tray moves your teeth one step closer to the desired result. The trays are worn for about 7 to 10 days. The exact time will depend on your oral health, age, and severity of your crowding.
Dr. Tousi will check your teeth every month and makes sure everything is going well during your treatment. Depending on the complexity of your treatment, Invisalign can take as little as six months to complete. This is less than half of the time it takes with traditional braces.
Some of Invisalign’s Advantages:
- Invisalign is not visible, which allows you to align your teeth without anyone’s knowledge.
- Invisalign is removable, which allows you to eat comfortably during your treatment and brush and floss your teeth without the hassle of wires and brackets.
- Full access to your teeth enables you to maintain and also improve your oral hygiene, eliminating the risk of plaque buildup, periodontal issues, and tooth cavities.
- Invisalign treatment has been proven to be faster than traditional braces, and patients report it is comfortable and easy to get used to.
Some Problems That Invisalign Can Address:
- Crowding: If there isn’t enough room in your jaw, your teeth may move closer together, twist, or overlap. This can cause some to be pushed to the front or back of your smile. Crowding also makes it difficult to clean your teeth, leading to tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems.
- Spacing or Gap Teeth: Gaps between your teeth are generally undesirable aesthetically, but they can also increase your risk of developing cavities and gum disease as food and bacteria can get stuck in the spaces.
- Minor Straightening Concerns: If you have just one or two teeth out of place and it is affecting your self-confidence, Invisalign can quickly and easily improve the look of your smile.
- Improper Bites
Typically, the upper teeth should extend beyond the lower teeth horizontally and partially cover the lower teeth vertically. If the teeth are not correctly aligned in the mouth, it can lead to improper bites that can cause damage over time and be visually undesirable.
- Deep Bite: Though a slight overbite is normal, one that is too large can lead to problems such as chronic headaches, occlusal trauma, and wear at the edge of the teeth.
- Underbite: If the lower teeth are in front of the uppers when you close your mouth, we call it an underbite. This can affect your ability to chew and speak and can quickly wear down your teeth.
- Crossbite: When only a portion of your lower teeth extends beyond the uppers, it is known as a crossbite. This can lead to dental trauma, fractures, chips, and also periodontal issues.
- Open Bite: If your upper and lower teeth do not touch at all when your mouth is closed, it is known as an open bite. This can affect your speech, increase the wear on your back teeth, and make it difficult to bite or chew food.
What is the Process?
During your first consultation at Trillium Smile, Dr. Tousi will check if you are a good candidate for Invisalign treatment and explain the process to you.
At your second visit, a complete examination will be done by Dr. Tousi. Records will be taken so she can develop the best treatment plan for you. She will further examine your mouth to ensure your gums and teeth are healthy enough for orthodontic work. At this stage, your treatment goals are discussed to make sure the results meet your expectations.
During the third session, a virtual treatment plan will be presented to you. You will be able to see a virtual model of your teeth before, during, and after completing the Invisalign treatment. This will help you visualize each step and give you an idea of what your smile will look like when the treatment is complete. You will also be told approximately how long the procedure will take.
After you approve the treatment plan, a series of customized clear aligners will be made for you to wear at each stage of your treatment. Each set of aligners is worn consistently for 1 to 2 weeks. They are only to be removed when eating, drinking anything besides water, or brushing and flossing. As you wear each aligner, your teeth will slightly shift each week until they are in their ideal position.
You will have a follow-up appointment with Dr. Tousi once every 4-6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as initially planned.
Completion of Treatment
After you achieve your dream smile, a retainer will be made to ensure your teeth do not move back to their original positions.
Frequently Asked Questions About Invisalign
How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Take?
This is based on the complexity of treatment. Typically, Invisalign will take between 6 and 18 months. More complicated cases may take more time to address fully. Patients who do not wear their aligners as directed can also expect a longer treatment duration. It is very important to follow your dentist’s instructions closely to keep your treatment on track.
How Often Will I Have to Change My Aligners?
Generally, you will need to wear each aligner for 1 to 2 weeks before switching to the next one. Some patients may take longer to move through certain challenging stages of treatment, requiring them to wear some trays a little longer.
You may also take longer to move on to the next aligner tray if you do not consistently wear the one you are currently using.
What is the Cost of Invisalign in Mississauga?
The cost of Invisalign depends on several factors, including:
- How severe your orthodontic problems are.
- Whether you have more than one problem that must be corrected.
- How long your treatment is expected to take.
- Whether your case has any special considerations that must be accounted for.
The cost of treating a problem with Invisalign is usually very similar to the cost of treating that problem with traditional braces. Dr. Tousi can assess your individual needs and give you a personalized quote for your Invisalign treatment. This will help you plan how to fit the cost into your budget.
Note that in some cases, you may be able to get your insurance to pay for some of the cost of your Invisalign treatment. It is worth checking what your policy offers in terms of orthodontic coverage before ruling Invisalign out based on price.
Get Invisalign in Mississauga by Visiting Trillium Smile Dentistry
There is no need to Google “Invisalign near me” to find a qualified provider – Trillium Smile Dentistry’s own Dr. Tousi has been recognized as a Gold Invisalign Provider and is known for the excellent results she achieves for her patients. Since beginning to offer Invisalign, she has helped more than 300 patients from 12 to 70 years old straighten their teeth in a fast and comfortable manner.
If you would like a complimentary Invisalign consultation, contact us at 905-828-9894. We look forward to seeing you!