What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a modern technology to align your teeth without having bulky metals and wires attached to them. This innovation enabled many adults and teenagers dreaming of straight teeth achieve their confident smile without interrupting with daily life. At Trillium smile, Dr. Tousi has helped more than 300 patients in the last couple of years, from 12 years old to 70 years old straighten their teeth in a fast and comfortable manner.
How does Invisalign work?
After Dr. Tousi creates an individualized and predictable treatment plan for you, a series of clear trays are made to straighten your teeth gradually. You wear each tray on your teeth for about 7 to 10 days depend on your oral health, age and severity of your crowding. Each tray moves your teeth one step toward the desired result. Trays are clear, removable and easy to get used to. Dr. Tousi checks your teeth every month and makes sure everything is going well during your journey. An average Invisalign treatment takes about 6 months to complete which is less than half time with traditional braces.
Some of Invisalign’s advantages:
- Invisalign is not visible which allows you to align your teeth without anyone’s knowledge.
- Invisalign is removable which allows you to eat comfortably during your journey and brush and floss your teeth without the hassle of wires and brackets.
- This enables you to maintain and also improve your oral hygiene, eliminating the risk of plaque buildup, periodontal isssues and tooth cavity.
- The Invisalign treatment has been proven to be faster than traditional braces and patients report it is comfortable and easy to get used to.
Some of problems that we can address with Invisalign:
- Crowding: When your teeth are not set straight and aligned on the arch. Crowding can lead to difficulty cleaning, gum disease and other dental problems.
- Spacing: Gaps between your teeth are generally undesirable esthetically, but they can also be concern for increasing the chance of tooth cavities.
- Cross-bite: Normally the upper teeth should cover the lower teeth horizontally and vertically at the edge. If the lower tooth/teeth cover the upper teeth, we call it Cross bite. Cross bite is not desirable because it leads to dental trauma, fractures, chips and also periodontal issues. It also is not desirable esthetically.
- Deep Overbite: Not only it is a cosmetic concern, deep overbites can also cause chronic headaches, occlusion trauma to the teeth and also wearing down teeth at the edge.
What is the process?
- During your first consultation at Trillium Smile, Dr. Tousi will check if you can be a candidate for Invisalign treatment and will explain the process to you.
- At your second visit a complete examination will be done by Dr. Tousi and records will be taken so she can engineer the best treatment plan for you. She will examine your teeth to ensure orthodontic treatment is a good option for you and your gums and teeth are healthy enough for such a procedure. At this stage we set the goals of treatment with you to make sure the result of treatment meets your expectations.
- During third session a virtual treatment plan will be presented to you Based on your dentist’s precise treatment plan. You will be able to see a virtual representation of your teeth before, during, and after completion of the Invisalign treatment so that you know what your smile should look like when the treatment is complete and how long the procedure will take approximately.
- After you approve the treatment plan, a series of customized clear aligners will be made with Invisalign technology for you to wear at each stage of your treatment. Each set of aligners is worn for about 1 to 2 weeks, removing them only to eat and brush and floss. As you wear each aligner your teeth will shift slightly each week until they are aligned to their ideal position.
- You will have a follow up appointment with Dr. Tousi once every 4-6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as initially planned until your teeth are at desired position.
- After you achieve your dream smile a retainer will be designed and made to ensure your teeth don’t move back.
Dr. Tousi has helped many adults and teenagers to achieve their dream smile. She has been awarded with Gold Invisalign Provider and has strong passion for orthodontic treatment.
Feel free to contact us at 905-828-9894 and reserve your spot for complimentary Invisalign consultation.