When you smile at yourself in the mirror, are you happy with what you see? If there are parts of your smile you wish you could change, cosmetic dentistry can help.
Some people think cosmetic dental enhancements only improve your appearance, but there is more to them than that. These procedures are an investment in your health and wellbeing, especially if your teeth are keeping you from feeling confident and happy. Learn what cosmetic dentistry can do and why you should consider seeing a cosmetic dentist in Mississauga yourself.
Popular Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Cosmetic dentistry includes a wide range of treatments and procedures that can improve the appearance of your smile. Some of the most performed cosmetic dental services include:
- Teeth Whitening. Teeth whitening treatments improve the shade of your teeth, bringing them closer to the bright white that most people want. In-office bleaching treatments are safe, effective, and can be completed in just one visit.
- Composite and Porcelain Veneers. Veneers are small, thin coats of resin or porcelain that are cemented to the front of teeth. When applied by a skilled cosmetic dentist, these coverings look just like natural teeth and can last for many years if you care for them well.
- Dental Cleaning. Dental cleanings can do more than keep gum disease at bay. The scaling and polishing process also removes extrinsic stains on your teeth and brightens them up, providing an effect similar to a mild whitening treatment.
- Gum Contouring. Gum contouring changes the way your gums sit over your teeth, correcting what is known as a ‘gummy smile.’ After this procedure, more of your teeth will show, creating an aesthetically pleasing smile that you will be happy to show off.
- Full Smile Makeovers. If you have multiple cosmetic concerns you would like to address, your cosmetic dentist in Mississauga can combine multiple procedures to give you a stunning result.
Advantages of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry may not be medically necessary, but there are many reasons to have these procedures done anyway. With cosmetic dentistry, you can:
Treat Stained Teeth
Teeth can become stained from food and drinks, tobacco use, or even injury. Our teeth whitening treatments can be used to brighten teeth several shades in just a few hours. If your stains are severe or you have stains below the tooth enamel, your cosmetic dentist might suggest alternative treatments like dental crowns and veneers.
Improve Your Bite
Many people’s teeth have minor orthodontic problems that have gone uncorrected for years. These issues can cause headaches, TMJ pain, frequent biting of your cheeks and tongue, and other painful side effects. Straightening your teeth with Invisalign treatments gives you not only a more aesthetically pleasing smile but also corrects your bite. This improves your quality of life over time.
Change the Shape of Your Teeth
Have you always felt that your front teeth were too big? Are you self-conscious about the sharp edges or flattened areas on teeth that have taken the brunt of your grinding? Cosmetic dentists in Mississauga can reshape your teeth using several different techniques. Composite bonding can be applied to the edges of teeth to make them slightly bigger, longer, or more desirably shaped. Veneers can also be used to reshape teeth when more dramatic results are called for.
Repair a Chipped Tooth
Chipped teeth are a common occurrence among people of all ages, but with cosmetic dentistry, no one will be able to tell. Your cosmetic or emergency dentist in Mississauga can use bonding to fill in the chipped part of your tooth and restore its original shape and appearance. For more severe cases, veneers can completely cover the chipping and make your tooth look as good as new.
Restore Uneven Teeth
An uneven set of teeth can affect your smile and may also cause problems with malocclusion. Fixing crooked teeth is all about achieving balance. Your cosmetic dentist might shave some teeth down and build others up with dental bonding. Teeth that are severely worn might benefit from dental crowns to reinforce the structure of the tooth. Veneers also provide a quick and attractive fix for uneven teeth.
Replace Missing Teeth
Whether you’re missing just one tooth or many, cosmetic dentistry can help you fill the gap in your smile and restore your confidence. A dental implant or bridge can be crafted to look almost indistinguishable from a natural tooth. An implant will also help stimulate the jawbone to which it is anchored, preventing further bone loss and ensuring that your face retains its natural shape.
Improve Your Oral Health
Many cosmetic dentistry procedures also work to improve your oral health. Dental cleanings whiten your smile but also play a major role in preventing tooth decay and gum disease. Treatments like dental crowns, bridges, and implants help protect damaged teeth from decay and potentially damaging chewing forces. In addition, many patients feel more motivated to care for their teeth when they are proud of their smiles. If cosmetic dentistry services get you to take better care of your teeth, they may save you money in the long run.
Smile with Confidence
Never underestimate the power of confidence. If you have spent years afraid to smile or laugh in the presence of others because you did not want your teeth to show, you deserve the chance to experience what life is like without that self-consciousness holding you back. Many patients are surprised by how much of a difference even a whitening treatment can make to their self-esteem.
It Can Be Cheaper Than You Think
While it is true that insurance will not always cover cosmetic dental procedures, there are ways to fit the cost of cosmetic dentistry into any budget. Ask your dentist about setting up an affordable payment plan. Remember that even relatively affordable procedures like teeth whitening and dental bonding can have a significant impact on your smile.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Worth It?
Seeing a cosmetic dentist in Mississauga is an investment in your dental health and happiness. Not only will you look better – but you will also feel the change inside.
With a combination of advanced dental technology and expert clinical skill, the right cosmetic dentist can create changes you never thought possible. Cosmetic dentistry services can be used to correct dental imperfections and give you the smile you have always dreamed of. Most procedures are fast and produce immediately noticeable results.
If you have always been self-conscious about your smile, there is no reason not to see a cosmetic dentist and ask how they can help. Most dental problems have one or more possible cosmetic solutions. Your cosmetic dentist will explain your options to you and help you weigh the pros and cons of each to find the best solution for your needs.
Some common cosmetic dentistry benefits include:
- Improved Quality of Life. Live your life to the fullest without worrying about what other people might be thinking about your teeth. Embrace your own natural beauty and enjoy the rush of sharing joy with others without any inhibitions.
- Improved Social Life. Show others how emotive and passionate you really are. Put people at ease with a warm, welcoming smile that you are proud to show.
- Improved Work Life. Make a stellar first impression in professional settings. Remove any dental distractions to help your colleagues focus on the quality of your work.
Book an Appointment with the Best Cosmetic Dentist in Mississauga Today
A new smile might be just a few appointments away when you visit Trillium Smile Dentistry. Dr. Tousi is a leading cosmetic and family dentist, providing services to residents of Mississauga and the GTA. Our office is also a certified Invisalign provider, making us a one-stop shop for your cosmetic dentistry needs.
Call us at 647-371-1894 or reach out to us online to book your first cosmetic dentistry appointment at Trillium Smile Dentistry. We would be proud to help you achieve the smile you have always dreamed of.