Get A Great Smile with Beautiful Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are small prosthetic caps for your teeth. They reinforce your tooth’s structure while restoring its shape, size, and colour to your desired look. They are often used to strengthen teeth after extensive decay or root canal treatments have weakened them, but they can also be employed for purely aesthetic purposes.
Quality dental crowns are not only long-lasting but also strikingly beautiful. Made from pearly, translucent materials like porcelain, they imitate the look of natural teeth exceptionally well.
Restore Looks and Function with Dental Bridges
Dental bridges combine the beauty and durability of a crown with additional function to create an elegant replacement for a missing tooth. They are made from two abutments, which are small caps that look and function much like dental crowns, and are joined in the center by one or more pontics, or artificial teeth.
If needed, dental bridges can replace more than one tooth at a time. Like dental crowns, a well-made dental bridge will look virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth.
When Do You Need Dental Crowns and Bridges?
Dental crowns and bridges can be used to:
- Strengthen a tooth weakened by root canal treatment
- Restore your bite after tooth loss
- Improve the appearance of damaged or aesthetically flawed teeth, similar to a dental veneer
- Fill gaps in your alignment to keep the rest of your teeth in place
- Improve your ability to speak and chew
- Provide support to maintain your facial structure
Placing Dental Crowns and Bridges: The Process
After your dentist has reviewed the status of your oral health and concluded that you are a good candidate for a crown or bridge, you will go through the following process:
- Preparation. First, your dentist will shave down the enamel on the teeth that your new dental bridge or crown will cover. This will ensure that the prosthetic fits snugly over your teeth and will stay in place for years.
- Taking an Impression. Once your teeth have been reshaped for your bridge or crown, your dentist will apply a putty-like substance to those teeth to take an impression of their new shape. They will then send this impression to a lab to be fabricated into a quality dental bridge or crown that fits your exact specifications, including shape, colour, and materials.
- Your Temporary Prosthesis. Your dentist will place a temporary crown or bridge over your prepared tooth to cover it as it will be sensitive. This will stay in place until your final dental prosthesis is fabricated.
- Placing the Final Prosthesis. Once your final crown or bridge arrives, your dentist will remove the temporary one and clean the area around your prepared teeth. They will then cement the final bridge or crown to your teeth, locking them in place.
Cost of Dental Crowns and Bridges in Mississauga
The cost of a dental bridge or crown depends on the materials used to construct them and the location and condition of the tooth it is applied to. Our team can help you determine what type of dental prosthetic is right for you based on your needs and budget. We strive for transparency in our pricing and can provide estimates upon request to help you make your final decision.
Restore Your Smile with Quality Dental Crowns and Bridges at Trillium Smile Dentistry
A beautiful, hand-crafted dental bridge or crown can revitalize your smile and help you feel happy and confident again. At Trillium Smile Dentistry, we are known for our stunning, long-lasting dental prosthetics, including porcelain crowns and bridges that look just like your natural teeth, sometimes even better! Contact us at 905-828-9894 or through our online form to book a consultation appointment today.