A beautiful smile can give you the confidence you need to live your best life. If you are unhappy with the shape, size, colour, or alignment of your teeth, cosmetic dentistry treatments can help you disguise these imperfections. Keep reading to learn more about a few of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments in Mississauga and how you can find the right dental clinic to perform them for you.
Top 8 Procedures for Cosmetic Dentistry in Mississauga
1. White Fillings
Decayed teeth must be filled, but that does not mean you have to settle for unsightly metal fillings. White fillings are a modern alternative to traditional mercury fillings that offer excellent durability and impeccable aesthetics.
White fillings are made from an advanced form of resin composite that binds to your tooth enamel to seal out decay and make it look as if your tooth was never altered at all. You can get white fillings in newly filled teeth or have old metal fillings replaced with white ones for the superior cosmetics they offer.
2. Dental Aligners
Dental aligners like Invisalign are one of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments available. They can make a dramatic difference to your smile, straightening out all of the little imperfections that stand out to you every time you look in the mirror.
You can use aligner trays like Invisalign to correct mild-to-moderate alignment problems in as little as 6 months. This will not only make your teeth look better but also improve your bite.
3. Teeth Whitening
If you are looking for a cosmetic dental treatment that is fast, affordable, and delivers immediate, noticeable results, teeth whitening is your best bet. In-office teeth whitening treatments use high-grade bleach and special lights to achieve a much whiter shade than over-the-counter whitening treatments can provide.
If you plan on getting other cosmetic dental treatments like veneers or crowns, consider getting your teeth whitened first. This will allow you to choose a whiter shade for those restorations without disrupting the harmony of your smile.
4. Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are a great way to get a Hollywood smile in just a few dental appointments. These thin sheets of porcelain are fabricated in a lab according to your specific measurements. They are then attached to your teeth using a special dental adhesive.
Veneers are a minimally invasive cosmetic treatment that can completely change the look of your teeth. They are also long-lasting, often looking just as great after more than a decade of wear.
5. Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is the process of applying resin composite (the same material that white fillings are made from) to teeth for cosmetic purposes.
Dental bonding can be used to hide discoloured areas on your teeth or to reshape teeth that are too small. They can also be used to close small gaps between your teeth without the need for orthodontic treatment.
6. Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are small caps that are custom-made to fit over specific teeth in your mouth. Because they are very strong, they are often used to reinforce a tooth’s structural integrity after a root canal. They may also be used to anchor a fixed dental bridge.
Crowns are also sometimes used for cosmetic purposes. If there is a tooth in your mouth that has suffered significant wear or decay, placing a crown over it will restore its structure and appearance. As a bonus, it will also improve the tooth’s function and may even enhance your facial structure.
7. Dental Implants
If you are missing one or more teeth, dental implants are the ideal solution to your problem. These prosthetic teeth are affixed to titanium screws that are surgically implanted deep in your jawbone.
Dental implants are extremely convincing replicas. Most people cannot tell an implant from a natural tooth. In addition, dental implants also stimulate the bone they are anchored to. This prevents bone loss in your jaw and helps your face maintain a full, youthful shape.
8. Cosmetic Teeth Shaping
If your teeth are slightly too long or have small overlaps that do not affect your bite, your dentist can reshape them by shaving down a thin layer of your enamel. This does not affect the structure of your teeth or make them more susceptible to decay. It simply alters their shape to make them more aesthetically pleasing.
Cosmetic teeth shaving works best on front teeth with very minor imperfections. Your dentist will let you know if you are a good candidate for this procedure.
How to Choose the Best Cosmetic Dentistry Services in Mississauga
Choosing the right cosmetic dentist for you can be a trying process. Here are a few things to consider when making your decision.
- Get Referrals. The best cosmetic dentists have plenty of happy patients willing to vouch for them. Ask your friends and family if they know of a suitable dentist or consult online reviews.
- Look for Experienced Cosmetic Dentistry Services. The longer a cosmetic dentist has been practicing, the better they are likely to be at their craft. Look for a dentist with extensive experience in cosmetic dentistry and a portfolio of successful cases to back up those claims.
- Consider Credentials. Cosmetic dentistry credentials attest to a dentist’s knowledge and skills. A dentist who is Invisalign certified, for instance, will likely produce better results than a dentist without this credential.
- Consider the Atmosphere of the Clinic. Choosing a comfortable and friendly cosmetic dentistry clinic is key to getting a good experience. Opt for a clinic where you feel confident and at ease.
- Find Out About the Procedures Offered for Cosmetic Dentistry. Not all cosmetic dentistry clinics offer the same treatments. Decode what kinds of treatments you are interested in beforehand and look for clinics that offer those services.
- Consider the Cost. Cosmetic dentistry costs vary depending on the services you need, the clinic’s location, the dentist’s level of experience, and other factors. Choose a clinic that fits your budget or offers flexible payment options.
Call Us Today for Gorgeous Cosmetic Dentistry in Mississauga
If you are interested in the cosmetic dental treatments described above, it is time to book an appointment at Trillium Smile Dentistry. Our dental clinic is a top choice for Mississauga residents searching for “cosmetic dentistry near me.” Contact us today for further details on our cosmetic dentistry services and take the first steps toward that radiant smile you have always wanted.